Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Flandreau, South Dakota is one of the oldest cities in the state known as the "Garden Spot of the Dakotas". Flandreau is one of the fastest growing urban areas that allows luxury of small town living with convenient access to products and services of a larger city. Our location produces pasterurized eggs.
Report directly to the Food Safety and Quality Supervisor. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for the quality, food safety and esthetics of the product. The QA technicians follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards and product quality standards.
- Strong Communication and time management skills.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining inspection/test equipment and keeping a clean/orderly work area.
- Responsible for monitoring critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for labeling with a hold tag the skids and keep records, when a problem with the quality of eggs arise.
- Responsible for accurate completion of documentation with attention to detail.
- Responsible for collection of the proper samples required for chemical and color testing.
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification on equipment in processing areas.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety and SQF standards.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- The noise levels in the work environment will range from moderate to loud.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.