This internship experience offers students part time paid employment at a sponsoring dealership while attending high school. This program provides students interested in a career in the heavy equipment industry an opportunity to shadow and work within the parts, sales and service departments.
Specific Duties Include:
- Shadow, learn and assist technicians with repairs.
- Assist in the parts department and showroom.
- Assist with building and yard maintenance as well as cleaning equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the learning center the student is attending.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record while in program.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
As an EOE/AA employer, RDO Equipment Co. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.