This individual will develop long term partnerships with our customers to build solutions within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of RDO Equipment Co. in a professional manner.
Specific Duties Include:
* Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
* Maintain a manageable customer list, while focusing on selling the entire dealership (i.e., parts service, and wholegoods).
* Effectively understand and use manufacturers' programs and resources to attain acceptable market share levels.
* Develop a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
* Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work site.
* Maintain strong knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
* Work in conjunction with Sales Manager and New Equipment Ordering (NEO) department, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders.
* Accountable for timely follow up on each sale to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Coordinate and/or communicate with customers and applicable departments to ensure timely delivery.
* Coordinate pickup and delivery of equipment as needed.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
* Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
* Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
* Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
* Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
* Prior sales experience and/or training
* Strong understanding of local market conditions
* Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent computer skills
* Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.