VP Senior BSA Systems Intelligence Manager Overview
Drive the maturity of the BSA/AML/Sanctions Program strategy and roadmap which includes identifying and managing innovation initiatives including performing proof-of-concepts, conducting industry research, analyzing vendors and tools. Use knowledge of latest AML innovative risk mitigation methodologies and approaches and industry best practices to recommend future state of the Program and develop a prioritized list of execution plans to transform current systems/processes to target-state.
- Leads research and analysis of latest industry tools and methods related to the FinTech and RegTech space leveraging concepts including but not limited to artificial intelligence, machine learning, distributed ledger technologies, robotics process automation, big data, graph databases, etc.
- Prioritizes initiatives in a logical value-stream with executable plans using an Agile framework to demonstrate value.
- Performs vendor/tool proof-of-concepts, vendor/tool analysis, and clearly articulate assessment summaries to leadership.
- Leads as the Process Champion and Change Agent to assist the Bank in maturing and transforming the AML program. Effectively articulate the value-driven initiatives and purpose of change across the organization and gain buy-in from all levels of management and workforce.
- Leads technology and other stakeholder discussions to decide on the target-state ensuring the platform and architecture is scalable and sustainable to mitigate the Bank's current AML risks as well as future risks from the anticipated business growth.
- Leads discussions to determine the target-state AML processes including by not limited to automating the risk assessment and required monitoring from new program onboarding, implementing rule tuning techniques, deploying segmentation, and enabling dynamic workflows.
- Manages the strategic program execution towards achieving the roadmap target-state.
- Monitors of the program to identify process improvements and updating the roadmap where applicable. Summarize findings in a clear, concise manner, and communicate results and project progress to senior management.
- Presents analysis and summaries to executive and senior management, auditors and examiners. Creates effective presentations and recommendations with supporting evidence to drive program objectives.
- Maintains documentation to support regular audits and exams. Assists management in preparing materials required for audits and exams.
- Maintains awareness of BSA, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act and current related regulations, directives, and guidance as it impacts FCRM processes, systems and technology. Participate in external opportunities to gain knowledge of software/platform applications and functionalities aligned with FCRM initiatives.
- Develops close working relationships with various departments including operations, advisory, business, and technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years BSA/AML/OFAC and compliance experience, including seven years testing and validating BSA/AML/OFAC models, seven years tuning and optimizing BSA/AML monitoring and detection systems and seven years in a leadership or management role.
- Seven years management consultant experience (preferably from a Big-4).
- Seven years defining key risk metrics, dashboards, and analytics for senior management and executive reporting
- One year of FinTech tools experience including cross-border AML technology, RPA/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence toolsets
- Knowledge of FinTech/RegTech concepts and trends.
- Knowledge of financial math, financial economics and/or statistics, including clustering and factor analysis.
- In depth understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory requirements, technology, and data analysis best practices to guide decision making and execution of AML technology and enterprise wide AML initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to apply defined methodology to monitoring processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment (preferably with experience related to Agile-based projects).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer