Senior Special Billing Correspondent Overview
Manage collections for a variety of leasing products by working directly with lessees or their agents to identify repayment terms, lease modifications with accountability for collection activities related to delinquent and past due accounts. Adhere to the highest industry standards, regulations, and rules in collection activities.
- Reconciles customer invoices and payments are coded in lease system and correct discrepancies.
- Maintains support for customer remittance (wire, ACH & credit card payments).
- Follows up on delinquent lease contract, understand the client situation and discuss the best solution for both the individual and the company to minimize losses.
- Responds to customer inquiries in accordance with departmental standards.
- Provides guidance and counseling to customers experiencing financial difficulties who pro-actively contact the company and make appropriate payment arrangements prior to account becoming delinquent.
- Facilitates collections process on past due accounts from 11 to 90 days past due via direct customer communication.
- Records collection activities, including number of contacts, payment commitments, and related information.
- Documents issues propose resolutions and make recommendations to the management team for approval.
- Supports financial statement audits by researching and providing documentation as requested.
- Process special invoicing requests and submit invoice documents to customers via their preferred method: mail, email, portal, etc.
- Develops close working relationships within the leasing department including Management, Sales and Operation Teams to ensure open communication channels to resolve issues and problems efficiently and effectively.
- Distributes weekly and ad hoc reports on collection metrics, trends, and activities.
- Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Calls and/or prepares mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Assists with special leasing projects and initiatives, including: researching issues, designing reports, supporting system elevations and updates, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years customer account experience in a bank environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the banking industry including valued client accounts, overdraft, payments and collections
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to persuade and influence clients positively to resolve delinquent situations
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer