Testing Specialist Overview
Perform testing of internal and external BSA/AML related functional processes and their respective controls, in order to identify the existence of any potential weaknesses or gaps and provide recommendations for potential enhancements to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of internal controls.
- Evaluates BSA, AML and Sanctions processes and controls within the LOB, FCRM functional area, and third-party clients to determine effectiveness and sustainability. Ensures requirements set forth by Policies and Procedures are monitored and tested for the assigned transactions and processes.
- Reports, tracks, and validates the remediation of process/control issues detected in the testing process and entered into the Bank's issue management system.
- Maintains thorough documentation of work performed and conclusions reached. Updates and maintains files and records using databases and spreadsheets in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Analyzes potential risks through detailed reviews of multiple sources of information and escalates key risks to appropriate areas and/or business leaders.
- Performs site visits on Third Party Partners related to their BSA/AML and Sanctions controls.
- Develops close working relationships with others in the department to address and resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience in the financial industry.
- Three years' regulatory compliance activity experience, including risk management, compliance testing, audit or similar control-related.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state AML (Anti-Money Laundering) regulations, including BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good investigative, analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Position is required to travel 25%.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer