VP Technical Business Relationship Manager Overview
The Technical Business Relationship Manager (TBRM) is a senior-level, strategic business partner who shares ownership for both business strategy and business value results as it relates to technology. The TBRM owns executive-level relationships and serves as a single point of focus, working to converge functions of IT and one or more lines of business or value streams. They work to identify ways in which the TBRM's function can support and advance business objectives. Additionally, the TBRM shapes business demand into supply by partnering with appropriate resources to facilitate the creation of idea documents, business cases, and value plans; ensuring value optimization and communication; and enabling continuous improvement in all areas and people around them.
- Develops a deep knowledge of the business partner's business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically. Additionally, educate business partners about processes, roles, and capabilities of IT.
- Ensures business value realization and optimization, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities where technology can add value.
- Engages in consistent and effective communication. This includes managing escalation and avoiding risk. As well as measure and communicate business value realized with the business partner on a periodic basis.
- Partners with the project/program/portfolio management organization (PMO) to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio.
- Identifies business function opportunities and adoption within the business partner organization. Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how technology fits into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Focuses on business value rather than solutions to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
- Ensures that project/program managers of business partner projects are knowledgeable about the business partner and their objectives; engage as a project/program stakeholder, including evaluating project efforts and progress against joint strategic plans and objectives.
- Be creative and innovative regarding your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, mathematics, etc., or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years related strategic technology architecture design and/or commercial data services and software development experience
- Full understanding of technology and its use in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of at least one IT discipline (Development, Database, Infrastructure, etc.).
- Ability to listen, build rapport and relationships, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams.
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- Ability and comfort with working at executive levels.
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes at executive levels.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and leverage governance for a positive business partner experience.
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations.
- Technical knowledge, requirements management, and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables.
- Demonstrable acumen in technology and business disciplines.
- Understand and integrate business strategies and technology to deliver value.
- Ability to identify gaps and areas that need improvement.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer